These are some of the numbers related to health in Andalusia and the Andalusian Health Service.
- The government of Juanma Moreno will invest 422 million euros in the Andalusian Health Service (SAS) this year, for health infrastructures and technological equipment.
- This investment is 3,3 times higher than the budget allocated in 2018.
- 139,58 million euros will be allocated to the Primary Care centers.
- 127,23 million are for complete construction of new centers and Hospital Care services
- 67,65 million to acquire high-tech equipment and devices.
- The regional budgets for public health in Andalusia for this year reach 13.837,5 millones de euros, an increase of 4.000 million compared to the last budget of the socialist government.
- In the last four years, 30.000 professionals have joined the average workforce of the SAS, with improvements in their working and remuneration conditions.
- La primary care is a priority, with a specific budget of 4.500 millones de euros, to implement a comprehensive reform that modernizes and streamlines the care model.
- Delays in primary care have been reduced, with the aim of reaching a maximum of 48 hours of waiting to be seen by a doctor.
- Surgical waiting lists have been reduced by 43%, with a decrease of 90 days and 12.650 late-term patients.
- The waiting lists for external consultations have also been reduced by 39%, with a decrease of 69 days.
- are being implemented measures to encourage professionals and make difficult-to-reach destinations more attractive.
- Andalusia leads the offer of MIR places in Spain, with an increase of 33,9% compared to the 2018/2019 call.
- Efforts are being made to build the loyalty of MIR professionals, offering long-term contracts once they finish their training.
Highlights of Public Health in Andalusia
Renewal of the Andalusian ambulance fleet. In November 2023, the planned milestone of operational ambulances being less than five years old has been completed, as reported Antonio Repullo at their twitter account. Since 2019, more than seven million have been invested in the acquisition of 89 new 061 vehicles. The Minister of Health, Catalina García, presented in Córdoba the 26 new means with which the renewal of the entire health emergency fleet is completed
2024 budgets. On Budget of the Government of Andalusia for 2024, 4.500 million more are dedicated to health than that of Susana Díaz, spending per inhabitant has increased 45% since 2018 to almost 1.700 euros, according to reports The Razón.
Frequently asked questions about public health in Andalusia (SAS)
Its name is Andalusian Health Service, abbreviated SAS. Public health in the Autonomous Community is managed by the Department of Health and Consumer Affairs of the Junta de Andalucía
There are 14 health management areas in Andalusia serving a population of approximately 8,5 million people. It corresponds to a geographical classification. They are detailed below.
The functions of the Andalusian Health Service are those that correspond to the management of health services in the field of health promotion and protection, disease prevention, health care and rehabilitation that corresponds to the territory of the Autonomous Community of Andalusia.
It is regulated by Law 2/1998, of June 15, on Health of Andalusia published in the BOE.